sleep paralysis events, ah yes, I used to have them frequently, but no more.
not sure why.  never a comfortable thing.  at least now, I think I have a
better understanding of those mechanics

 The sleep paralysis is an interesting explanation. I do recall, though, (30
years ago), that she heard them on the stairs first and then they came into the
room, described their big black eyes, and small form. Glad I didn't wake up.
She didn't talk about it afterwards, and being such a traumatic experience for
her, it wouldn't have been very considerate for me to ask her about it. We were
not UFO buffs at all. Weird stuff, and like you say, maddeningly, never
definitive.

 I have had many sleep paralysis events and I hate them. It takes every ounce
of will power to get out of them. Sometimes you think you have moved and woken
up but then realize as you look around the room or actually think you have
gotten out of bed that things are just a tad too different, a bit too strange
so then you go back to realizing you're are still struggling to come awake and
sometimes your eyes are half open and you see stuff in the room but you can't
move and the dream world starts to move in again and if feels terrible. I
remember very clearly in a little house my husband and I owned that when he
used to get up very early to go to a job site about two hours away and I was
still sleeping I would be lying there well after he had left and could hear
very clear slow and measured footsteps in the hallway on the hardwood. It
wasn't really scary but it was very, very clear and very audible. No one ever
came into the room but I still swear either the house was haunted or... I don't
know what.

- -

      • Re: [F... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... salyavin808