 He's a lawyer.  Explains a lot -- Jerry's interest for instance.

Because he's smart, his assertion of honesty is quite acceptable.

That's the rub:  if you're a true-believer in your own experiences -- you bring
all your intellect etc. into the promotions about your experiences....even if
you were deluded.

Personally, I've woken up from dreams in various states of belief -- I hated
this one woman in real life for what she'd done to me in a dream -- took three
days to get clear about that.....see?

No one can talk anyone out of what they think is true.....we're all such brutes.

 I fell asleep for a bit and he seems to have gone off on a tangent, talking
about all his previous incarnations. I've lost it and shall have to read the
transcript later...

 ... ah the message: Don't worry about spoiling the purity of the teaching
because you can't. You don't have the power.

 And then the connection went. Bit of divine intervention maybe...