 I kinda figured this would happen. I've always assumed that most of this
complaining that they were "driven away" from FFL and forced to migrate to the
Let Us Be Boring Together group was 1) mere posturing, and 2) a veritable case
study in lack of self-knowledge.

 They just made a pretense of stalking off in a snit and being "persecuted,"
but anyone who has been watching the actual traffic here knows that the folks
who left for the "gentle speech" group (and especially its founder) were some
of the most volatile creators of vile-speak FFL has ever seen.

 I always said they should be careful what they wish for. Without people to rag
on they'll be bored shitless.

 My bet? They'll be back. (You'll notice that none of them seem to have
actually unsubscribed from FFL.) They'll miss being able to get up on their
high and might pulpits and dump on the people they don't like, and they've
boxed themselves in on the new group so they can't do it there without being
laughed out of Yahoo Group Town, so they'll do "drive-bys" on FFL just to get
their rocks off by complaining about the people they feel superior to.

 Buck is just the first example of one of them doing that. There will be more...

 Why does Buck think he has to save us from ourselves? I can't imagine being so
"up" myself that someone with a different opinion is "out of hand" and needs a
higher power. Now he's got somewhere else to play that's so much better, why
doesn't he just go?

 I reckon he'll miss us, or miss feeling superior about us.