> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> <snip>
> > > There's a difference between positive and
> > > negative expectations.  Has nothing to do with
> > > neti, neti.
> >
> > There is no difference between negative and
> > positive expectations.
>
> Of course there is.  One expects something, the
> other expects not-something.
>
> In some respect, enlightenment is not like
> ignorance, no matter how cleverly you try to
> talk around it.  You even go on to *confirm*
> this:
>
> <moved from below>
> > I've just gone through a
> > period of heavy witnessing, in the sense of that
> > awareness of eternality being more foreground
> > than background, and so this stuff is still
> > fresh in my mind/experience.
>
> Something in your experience during this period
> you've just gone through was not like your
> experience before you started going through it.
>
> <snip>
> > Drop the expectations -- positive or negative --
> > and just live what is.
>
> What I'm living is ignorance.

With all due respect, what you're trying to
*perpetuate* is ignorance.

You're trying to FIGURE IT ALL OUT, to come
up with some intellectual understanding of
enlightenment without benefit of the subjective
experience.  Give it up.  Ain't gonna happen.
Personally, I think that your clinging to the
notion that you CAN understand it all is one
of the things that is preventing you from
having the actual experience, but that's just
my theory; your mileage may vary.

I'm trying to give you the straight poop, as
it appears to me.  You keep rejecting it, tell-
ing me from your point of view as someone who
has never had a clear experience of enlighten-
ment that what I (who *have* had such exper-
iences) say is all wrong.  That may be a fun
exercise for you; if so, go practice it with
someone else.

I've tried to tell you what I've come up with
after 20 years or so of trying to make sense
of enlightenment experiences.  You keep reject-
ing what I say, and clinging to the illusion
that you CAN intellectually understand a
phenomenon that transcends intellectual under-
standing.  If that floats your boat, go for it.
Me, I'll find more productive things to do with
my time, thanks.

<snipping all the rest of Judy's attempts to
intellectually grasp the greased pig of enlight-
enment>  :-)