I was thinking of this very point Steve - about how completely children change
one's life and ground one in a completely different reality forever, really,
and it is a blessing in so many ways.  And, how the reality of parenting a
5-year old is so different than the reality of parenting a 15-year old and
again changes dramatically just 6 years later.  And love is forever driving the
car on a family vacation along the proverbial Route 66, with hopefulness and
imagination relentlessly guiding us to unknown destinations with these intrepid
kids, despite pit stops and flat tires and running out of gas here and there.

 Re: FFL

 FFL is not where people learn how to relate to one another normally or
respectfully or decently. It is primarily a place where a few come to discuss
what amuses their intellects, their minds. It's where they put their smarts and
words up against the smarts and words of their virtual friends here and ask for
their egos to be stroked.

 In my world of connectedness, Barry was inadvertently making amends for Sal's
very gauche and unprovoked insult to me, and I found that very, very, funny.
Barry has tried to correct himself today and realign with his buddy, who has
jumped back on to reassert his position.  It's the dynamics that amuse me at
times, although less and less and less and less.....

 You are a stand-up guy Steve and I appreciate that.  Off I go now....Emily

 Dude, at the risk of appearing out of line, it seems to me that few here that
have much of a relationship with women, as in being married, or having
significant others, or having children.

 It also seems that few may be in the position of having to manage a group of
people, as in a small business.

 In all those instances you are required to develop social skills that you may
not need to develop if you are winging it mostly on your own.

 Jusy sayin'

 He likes to appear protective of the girls though, he must think there's some
social mileage in that for some reason...

 Meanwhile, more cow humor: