--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> > Now I'm beginning to see the motivation behind all
> > the intentional language.
> >
> > If one can frame "the ability to realize" as
> > something intentional rather than as something
> > that happens to one, then one has a basis for
> > taking personal credit for it, claiming authorship
> > of it, being in control of it:
> >
> > *I* did it, me, all by myself!
>
> But there is no person to take credit for it in
> enlightenment. Prior to this there is a sense of
> ownership and responsibility for action and its
> concequences. But in enlightenment it is an absurd
> notion to talk about an individuality. None can be
> located.

So the enlightened among us, for whom individuality
is an absurdity, are insisting that *I* must take
responsibility as an individual for becoming
enlightened.

And I'm the one insisting it *isn't* a matter of
individual responsibility.

Seems a bit backwards to me...

If there is no ownership or responsibility, why
are they urging me to take ownership and responsibility?

(But it certainly highlights, once again, what I've
been saying about there being a difference in some
respect between enlightenment and ignorance.)