Emily,

 Are they going to use light trains for the tunnels in downtown Seattle?  As I
remember, they were using regular buses in the tunnels 2004.  But they've
planned the tunnels to be convertible to light rail trains in case the city
decided to use that option in the future.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Seattle has changed a lot in the last 10 years and will continue to.  Planning
for population is always a challenge.  Should have gone the way of mass transit
decades ago. Yes, the tourist landmarks will stay.

 Census: Seattle is the fastest-growing big city in the U.S.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/fyi-guy/2014/05/22/census-seattle-is-the-fastest-growing-big-city-in-the-u-s/

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/fyi-guy/2014/05/22/census-seattle-is-the-fastest-growing-big-city-in-the-u-s/

 Census: Seattle is the fastest-growing big city in the U...
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/fyi-guy/2014/05/22/census-seattle-is-the-fastest-growing-big-city-in-the-u-s/
   We've come a long way from the 'Will the last person leaving Seattle –Turn
out the lights' era of the 1970s. Last year, Seattle grew faster than any o...

 View on blogs.seattletimes.com
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/fyi-guy/2014/05/22/census-seattle-is-the-fastest-growing-big-city-in-the-u-s/
 Preview by Yahoo

 My first long term time in Seattle was in the summer of 1962 when the World's
Fair was on and I had a summer job with my brother.  It was really a neat place
then and easy to get around on even on a bus.  Then 1965 as UW student through
1969.  Then I came back again in 1972 and lived there through 1982.   Moved to
Redmond in 1989 and split for California in 1991.  I saw a lot of changes over
those times but downtown was still pretty accessible in 1991.  It wasn't like
SF.  In fact I've seen SF change over time and wondered why they didn't go the
Portland route.

 Most of the change I'm talking about would have happened in the 2000s.
Downtown is a cluster of very big buildings.  Usually when I visited friends
during the 00s we never went downtown but in 2007 just after Xmas I had some
AMC passes so we went downtown to see a movie.  It was a mess!  My friends have
bought another home on the Oregon coast and are retiring there this summer.