If I go to a movie at the nearby theater then it is usually a matinee during the week when there is hardly anyone else. There have been times I was the only paying customer. I don't feel the need to huddle with the masses. I think I went to one movie, "Lucy", last year at that theater. And I've never been able to find the pause button there either.

On 02/17/2015 11:32 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

I never heard of sech as that. Over here in the US we jist got popcorn and the occasional theater shooting.

Some cinema's in England are really nice with fabulous seats and you can take your own food in even. But I don't have one near me.

The multiplexes are often pretty miserable with small seats, no leg room, sticky floors and people talking or playing with their phones so I totally understand the shootings thing.

I rarely go now actually, I just wait for things to get to TV or borrow the DVD from someone, which means I'm a bit behind...

*From:* "TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:28 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Fifty shades of Glasgow...

*/Michael, I don't know about the UK, but one can have a drink (alcoholic) in most movie theaters I've been to in the rest of Europe. Some of the theaters even have full bars that are so nice that people come to them to socialize and have a drink with friends even if they're not seeing a movie. The bar in the ornate, wonderful Tuschinski cinema in Amsterdam is like that:/*