On 02/26/2015 10:40 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
*/Can't you *ever* drop the superiority thing?
/*

/*LOL! */
*/
/*
*/If you had been able to read or had cared to pay attention, you'd know that I've had -- and continue to have -- many experiences of enlightenment. It's just that I'm not so conditioned by dogma that I can think of them as *only* experiences of enlightenment. They could just as easily be due to half a dozen other scientifically-verifiable things.
/*

/*But you make it sound like you never have and are jealous of those who have had experiences.*/
*/
/*
*/They were just experiences. /**/I'm not invested in *any* interpretation of *any* of these experiences being "right" or "correct." You are.
/*

/*How is that? I approach all techniques with "here goes nothing." I think you are confusing what I've written about historical use of techniques and how they are interpreted with my experiences. */
/**//*

*/
*/
/*
*/*OF COURSE* mood-making was involved when you learned TM. You paid money for it; therefore you expected something. You made excuses in your head for it being OK to bring fruit, flowers, and a clean white handkerchief; therefore you expected something as a result of what they'd be used for.
/*
*/
/*
/*No, I "tried" TM. At $75 it wasn't going to break the bank. If I didn't like it I would move on to something else. *//*I had already been playing around with meditation techniques and wanted to try something supposedly "official."*/

*/I am not trying to invalidate your experiences. I'm trying to remind you that there are numerous ways of interpreting your experiences. You seem (historically) to react most vehemently when I remind you of ways to interpret them that characterize you as less important than your preferred way of interpreting them. Just sayin'.../*

/*But I know what a "placebo effect" is and TM is NOT a "placebo effect" nor is any other mantra meditation. Sounds have a definite effect on the nervous system some positive and others negative. Sounds selected for meditation are for positive effect. They are sounds that have withstood the test of time. They are documented as to their effect and TM only uses a tiny fraction of the mantras available. It was really not even designed for "everyone". MMY knew this but didn't probably want to openly say "if it doesn't work for you try something else." Because that's the way it is in India.

*/