If consciousness means self-consciousness, then it cannot be identified by
logic with the human body. Animals also possess a physical body, but not
rational consciousness.  If consciousness is a property of the body, it must be
perceived like other material properties. That's what I figure - it's not
complicated.

 I would say that Steven Newton must have fallen on his head from a apple tree
(or it's a pen name).  Poor ignorant guy needs to try some meditation and yoga
probably and maybe in 15 lifetimes he'll experience enlightenment.

Non sequitur.

 Uh the moon doesn't exist unless someone sees it is just an existential
riddle.

Consciousness is neither seen, smelled, tasted, touched or heard. Consciousness
is private and cannot be shared by others - it is the very constructed
character of knowing - knowledge is structured in consciousness. This is the
Hindu non-dual Advaita Vedanta and to the same extent, the view of the
Consciousness Only School of Tibetan Buddhism.

Perhaps Steven dropped out of college too soon. :-D

Non sequitur.