It's true on one level that everything seems to be changing, an idea which is
based on sense-perception. It seems to be common-sense that changes occurs over
time because that is what we perceive - motion.

But, when taken to extremes we may realize that nothing changes - one thing
cannot become another thing; change is impossible; things don't really move
about; motion itself is just an illusion.

The doctrine of non-origination, "Ajativada", is the basic realization in the
Advaita tradition. This means that nothing was ever created. Things do not move
about - motion is an impossibility. All these notions are like seeing the horns
of a hare.

Gaudapada:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudapada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaudapada

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 Reminds me of this quote:

 Heraclitus — 'No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same
river and he's not the same man.'

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <wayback71@...> wrote :

 If you read on thru to the last /14 of the uncertainty blog about Deepak,
there is a summary of a debate between a scientist, Sean Carroll, and Eben
Alexander, MD (best selling author who claims he went to heaven in a NDE).
Here is what jumped out at me: that Carroll said life is a process like fire,
not a substance like wood. An obvious and simple distinction.  But I think he
nails the fundamental "mistake" in thinking.  What a shift in thinking for me,
especially if I substitute the big C for life.  I have always mentally imagined
Consciousness as a "thing," even if incredibly refined, subtle, fluid, and all
pervasive.  I have to apply this new thought to old ideas.