  Millennialism http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennialism  [by contrast] is a
specific form of millenarianism based on a one-thousand-year cycle, which many
sects of different religions believe.    A Chaney, Princeton.edu

 Here is another human characteristic, simplifying things according to round
numbers. We have 10 fingers and a 10-base number system, and we have a baseline
year of one orbit around the sun (which was explained differently before we
knew about orbits) and we multiply that year by 10 and by 10x10 (100) and by
10x10x10 (1000) but except for the base year, these intervals are arbitrarily
forced by the number system. If we had had a 2-base number system (binary) we
would have xo (2), xoo (4) and xooo (8), and so on.  In a 2-base system we
could have a 1024 year cycle (as it would appear in a 10-base system). If we
had a 3-base number system we could have a 729-year cycle (3x3x3x3x3x3x3) or a
2187-year cycle (3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3).

 These nice round figures are mostly arbitrary artefacts of the way we think
which is derived partly from our physical structure, that we count on our
fingers. The length of the year on Earth also varies slightly today, and its
length is basically derived from the rotation of the Earth around its axis, one
day, and how many of those days is needed to complete and orbit. This changes
every year too, the day getting a bit longer each year. Based on physics and
mathematics and gravitational dynamics involving tides and the Moon, it has
been calculated that the day of the early Earth was about 6 hours long 4.5
billion years ago, and about 21 to 22 hours long 620 million years ago (this
latter figure has been replicated using other methods as well).

 so if we had been graced with just one arm instead of two, we might have ended
up with 625-year or 3125-year 'milleniums'.

      • Re: ... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... rich...@rwilliams.us [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]