/Obviously we are dealing with some kind of retards, Steve. These guys
can't even seem to carry on a simple conversation. It's complicated, so
their only recourse is to post a series of strawmen arguments. /

Quoting "steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>:

I am not sure what other conclusion you can come to.

/You can tell when someone is old when they talk more about the past
instead of the future./

I mean, Barry left this movement some forty years ago, and each year
he finds a way to knock it down a few notches, but each year he
spends more time talking about it.

/Apparently he really got upset when he was kicked out of the Rama cult.
You would probably be upset too, if you had worked for the cult leader for
a decade, tacking up posters and handing out flyers for levitation events,
donating thousands of dollars to Lenz, so he could buy himself a Mercedes
Benz and live in a mansion up in Westchester, NY./

So, how do you go about reconciling that without coming to the
conclusion that he doesn't have much going on in his life, except
hours poured into watching TV and pirated movies on his computer, and
maybe a little technical writing on the side to cover rent.

/It must be depressing living over there as an poor immigrant; shunned by
your peers, not being able to work or even understand the language. That's
got to affect you after a decade of deprivation. Apparently they don't even
have a Starbucks in Leiden or a single Uber ride-share. Gawd!/

  And Michael has his permanent blinders on to make sure he doesn't
happen upon anything which goes against his world view of things.

/Confirmation bias is when people look for instances that agree with them,
and ignore instances that disagree. //Go figure./

  Of course he told us yesterday he was readying for trip to see his
daughter.

/Apparently he got split up from his wife. After paying child support, he
is probably upset about his situation - not ever going to school so he
could get a good job.

So, he transfers his anger at you - throwing his old friends under the bus
in the process. You're trying to help him, but you can only do so much
since he's obviously an impostor - he has to work out his own karma.

You're doing good by counseling him and trying to cheer him up though.
Thanks. /

   But, nothing seems to keep him from his serial posting to FFL.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <richard@...> wrote :

  They really seem to be JELLOS of you and Buck. They probably are
envious of you because you own your own prosperous company and that
you have a family with a wife and all. They seem lonely and desperate
for someone to talk to.

  They seem to have a sad story to tell. They probably wanted to be
spiritual teachers but they sucked at it. They even have trouble in a
simple conversation. At one time, I thought maybe they were retarded
but they are probably just going through old age angst.

  Maybe they will feel better if you keep talking to them and drawing
them out. Some people just feel better when they have someone to talk
to. Keep up the good work, Steve!

  Quoting "steve.sundur@... [FairfieldLife]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3WGkx1MYDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3WGkx1MYDQ Ann Miller and Tommy Rall

mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <richard@...> wrote :

  >  It's a clear case of transference, Steve - everyone knows that
Barry

mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :
  >  >
  >  >  At least Doug is inspiring interesting replies, which partially
  >  > accounts for FFL having at least 3 times the number of posts as
The
  >  > Peak since about May 17. The contrast of viewpoints is the driver
of
  >  > inspiration in some and displeasure in others. In scientific
  >  > discussions, people argue and eventually some headway is made. In
  >  > spiritual circles, people argue and little headway is ever made
  >  > because the arguments are over imaginary things instead of real
  >  > things. If spirituality ever really adopted evidence for its
claims,
  >  > progress could be made in settling many points of dispute. There
is a
  >  > certain lack of honesty that permeates spiritual discourse.
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >  A note (published in 1794) by Thomas Paine, one of the
instigators
  >  > of the American Revolution, regarding religious thinking (Paine
was
  >  > something of a Deist by the way, not an atheist):
  >  >
  >  >
  >  >  'All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish,
Christian,