Xeno, I admit, I'm having a gas thinking about this new period of FFL.  Call it
"The Buck Period", or I know, "Passing the Buck to Buck".  I think it's
fantastic.

 Has anyone checked the Leiden Dailies to see if Barry has posted an obituary
for FFL.

 Jesus, how I felt some compassion for him this morning.

 Hell, we saw all five phases of grieving, anger acceptance, etc. in the span
of about five minutes.

 Thank you God for that display!

 Psst, seriously, xeno, he may need a friend to lean during such times.  I hope
you will be up to it.  In a pinch, I'll see what I can do.

 I say, Buck, the conservative mediator in Fairfield, full steam ahead.

 Now, what was it we were talking about.  Oh yea, my mental excesses.

 Xeno, if we go down that path, I think you'll realize that whatever faults you
find about yourself, you can be thankful.  So, nuff about that.

 What's next?  Oh, yea, that "ray" thing.

 Yea, I admit to have an abiding interest in the Ascended Master thing.

 Just something I think about now and then.

 Don't worry, I'm not gonna try to sell you on something.  Shit, I swear I just
felt the presence of Barry about to swoop down on that one.  Ducked just in
time I guess.

 So, yea, seventhray goes with the Ascended Master stuff.

 Will the new regime in place, can I get a pass on that?

 Pretty please.

 Love ya,

 Ray, or halfray, or quarter ray, or maybe sting ray.  Hooyah!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 No, no, ... you need some restraints on your mental excesses. It was an
alternative suggestion if Doug went off his rocker, but so far we have no
evidence of what might happen, which is pretty much the way life is anyway. Now
that Doug has assumed this office, for which he has been campaigning since the
universe began, he does have a responsibility both to Rick and to us, so I do
not see why he should not be allowed the attempt. To do this right you have to
step out of your personal quirks and manage a larger realm, so it might be a
good learning experience. Doug seems to have a sort of religious background,
whereas many of us here do not or abandoned these background indoctrinations.
That would mean many things some of us think are false, Doug may think are
true. I wonder if he will feel a conflict?

 Question: why seventhray? Seven rays is a common metaphor in a lot of
spiritual traditions. Why not eight, or nine? Problem here is we have a lot of
half rays. Together they could add up though. Spiritual traditions seem to have
a lot of made up numbers.

 Taxi, brilliant!  Absofuckinlutely brilliant.  Start your own group and harp
on life's problems to your hearts content.

 Please, please do it.

 I nominate you as initiator, or moderator, or whatever.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Let's just see how it turns out. We could always create Fairfield Life II if
it does not. Here is the current description of Fairfield Life, in case any of
us have forgotten:

 Group Description Fairfield Life focuses on topics of interest to seekers (and
finders) of truth and liberation everywhere. Fairfield, Iowa is home to
Maharishi University of Management, founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 1971.
There are about 2000 Transcendental Meditation practitioners here, as well as
many others pursuing various spiritual paths.

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out, which is
the exact opposite." ~ Bertrand Russell

We often discuss the trials and tribulations of the TM Movement, which may not
interest some, but that's why God created the delete key. Discussions also draw
from diverse teachers such as Ammachi, Eckhart Tolle, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar,
Byron Katie, Dalai Lama, Jesus Christ, Buddha, Ramana Maharshi, Shankara, etc.

"The healthy mind challenges its own assumptions." ~ The I Ching

Pretty much any topic is fair game. Currently, there's a lot of discussion
about American politics. We have discussed spirituality, politics, economics,
morality and higher states of consciousness, drug laws, evolution vs.
creationism, enlightenment, advaita, reincarnation, karma, Jyotish (Vedic
astrology), yagya, Ayurveda, dzogchen, tantra, channeling, vegetarianism,
kundalini, celibacy, sexuality, homosexuality, abortion, racism, UFOs,
Buddhism, Hinduism, Veda, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Scientology, etc.

"Whatever you think, it's more than that" ~ Incredible String Band

You can lurk without joining, but you have to join to post. Members can access
Files, Photos, Links, and Database.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I
have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
~ Buddha

"Take what you need and leave the rest." ~ The Band

"I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for
the truth; and truth rewarded me." ~ Simone de Beauvoir"

 We sat over this together in church the other day.  It will be fine.
-JaiGuruYou