From: "dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 6:43 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Moderating The Peep Show

    In moderation at this point I feel “the past is a lesser state of
evolution” and I am going forward with a clean slate on everyone and not one is
on moderation in any way from this point. I would only suggest in our going
forward that folks take the time to actually read the Yahoo-groups guidelines
if they want to continue fluidly posting on FFL. We should appreciate your
cooperative collaboration on this.  -JaiGuruYou!

Doug, to help people new to moderation understand the kinds of things you think
are acceptable, as opposed to things you'll be looking to censor, I thought I'd
pass along some examples of comments you DON'T find to be "unkind, belligerent,
exploitative, degrading, insulting, slurs, profanity or ranting."

These comments were all posted since you [Doug Hamilton, a name I assume I can
use because it's in your posting ID, whereas I will never be able to refer to
myself as Barry any more because it's *not* in my posting ID] became moderator
of FFL, and you didn't say a word about them, even though you're an active
member of the forum on which they were posted.

Because you've been such a vocal spokesman for the need to follow the Yahoo
Guidelines <genuflect> to the letter, and because you're so honest and moral
and all, we know you would have spoken up if you felt that they DIDN'T follow
the guidelines.

All of these comments appeared in the last couple of days on THE_PEAK.

I'm passing them along so that posters here -- unaccustomed to the uplifting,
high-vibe way in which posters over on that moderated forum conduct themselves
and treat other people in their speech -- can learn from them and know what our
new moderator Doug Hamilton considers *acceptable* posts that follow the Yahoo
Guidelines.

No need to thank me. I'm just trying to do my part for moderation...

"So, it appears that while Rick refuses to moderate the hyenas over at FFL he
is prepared to moderate his new moderator without moderation."

"You already have dingleberry whining to Rick, you have our resident sociopath
[Anartaxius] trying to out talk and outwit Judy with some attempt to point
score with his idol goosebarry, you've got the ever-charming jamesalan emerging
out of his hidey hole to comment in his usual inane manner..."

"The internet was tailor made for cowards and bullies and a perfect sampling
are a few over at my old alma mater [FFL]."

"Let's see if Buck's got the chops to stand up to the overgrown brats over
there."

"All I have really learned from FFL is that 1) those who are lonely, bereft,
obnoxious and have few friends spend that much time on a forum hassling other
people. 2) Those who choose to bypass accountability use the internet to spread
their shit. 3) Posting to forums where there is no moderation leads to
megalomania in those so predisposed."

"FFL is a perfect replica of what would happen in the "real" world if all
restraints and boundaries were removed from society. The only difference is
that on the internet no one can actually club your stab you to death."

[Written about Rick Archer, posted by the *owner* and supposed moderator of
THE_PEAK, the 'moderated' site Doug wants to make FFL more like] "No one runs a
site for 14 years, promising to change it when things get hot, and yet lets
things grossly deteriorate, without this being completely intentional. I can
believe ineptitude or inattention for a year or two, but for 14? No, I am not
that gullible."

"I've been watching the goings on over there over that past few days and I must
confess. It's great to see my old mentor and boss, Judy, still in fine form. As
we all know, a whole schwack of us were lucky enough to be her minions and cult
followers and when she left we were terrified. I mean, I don't know about you,
but knowing I no longer had Judy to watch my back I simply couldn't get out of
FFL fast enough."

"Even so, how lucky we are to have Xeno [Anartaxius] as a shining example of
strength and independent thought - unencumbered by those messy characteristics
like emotion or feeling? The only other guy I really miss having here is that
barrel-full-of-giggles-and-chuckles Empty [Emptybill]. Now there's a happy and
positive human for you."