 I'm thinking over here that having had an "experience" does not validate "as
necessarily true" the thoughts that arise afterwards.  We see most folks here
thinking otherwise -- that is: they think that their thoughts MUST be resonant
with the ultimate reality of their recent experience.

 This is a good observation. There are experiences where thoughts will be
consonant with experience. Awakening tends not to be that way, because it shows
that on the level of thought, you had no idea what you were talking about.
After a few years, thoughts about that can become more consonant, but by that
time, you are pretty well settled into thinking your thoughts are at best
tenuously connected to spiritual experiences. Thought are better suited to
figuring out how to open a bottle of beer that does not have a twist-off cap
and you have not bottle opener.

To have seen someone levitate doesn't make one's subsequent thoughts about
levitation necessarily true.  Even the person who levitates can be expected to
have but a mere abstraction for an explanation that is open to every sort of
nay-saying.

Relativity being such a dynamic, if one knows this, hypocrisy of a deeper
degree is needed to validate one's thoughts and yet invalidate the subsequent
thoughts of others -- others that had differing experiences.

Nabby is a very very sincere poster, for instance, yet we found him being
bonked by those who claim to not personally have such blinkeredness when it is
obvious to all that everyone is blinkered in some IMPORTANT and PROFOUND manner.

 Nabby is sincere, but seems unable to accept prosaic, simple explanations for
things that are obvious to most people. That is not an argument he is wrong,
but his aliens are pretty stupid if that is the only way they can communicate.
Look, we only have very local space travel, but we have RADIO and TELEVISION,
and BILLBOARDS, we have all sorts of ways to communicate. If you wanted to tell
someone something, would you make a crop circle or do something a bit more
direct?

Stone, glass house and all that.  No one gets to toss the first stone.  Or the
second.

 Anyone can toss a stone, and be the first if you are fast enough. It is the
repercussions in your mind that you have to be cognizant of, after the fact. If
you think of them before the fact, maybe you will not toss that rock.

I would expect that someone who found fault in others for being a true believer
and "running with it," would be especially careful to underline ones obvious
conflict of interests.

As for me being inside my head and not having had experiences.  Harrumph.
While this assertion is not couched in the normal cruel-troll manner of
FFL-past, it does seem to accuse me of being spiritually bereft of the basic
information needed to be clear about spirituality.  Only I could know if that's
true -- to assert it as true is to do a one-upman-ship deal.   I claim that
this kind of insinuation is AGAINST THE GUIDELINES.

 Except by what you say, we cannot know whether you have had experiences or
not, so no facts are in evidence except second-hand information about
something. You cannot prove you had them, we cannot prove you did not. But it
is reasonable to question what you say. Now from a few years ago, I recall
responding to you about something you said about experiences. I thought you had
had some. Not sure what exactly, but you sounded like someone who had had some
sort of experience. Now Barry said he saw what's-his-name levitate. I don't
believe it, but I have no evidence one way or the other. There are many
possible explanations in the absence of having been there. All we know is Barry
said this. Other followers of Lenz also reported similar things. So we have
evidence that something happened, but not an explanation.

And let's face it, if I came on like gangbusters here and touted my spiritual
experiences, the mob would tear my descriptions asunder.....as has been done to
every single person who has come here to report suchlike.

This is the place where prophets come to not be honored....heh heh.

 I think people shy away from your posts a bit because sometimes you come on a
bit crazy sounding. Another way to talk about experiences is to talk about them
as if someone else had them, not in the first person. Maharishi rarely talked
about experiences in the first person. There are dangers in talking about
experiences, but ultimately experiences are not where it is at. Experiences are
the side effect of movement toward awakening, they are artefacts of the garbage
removal process. So when the garbage is gone, it smells nicer, but the garbage
can (the mind and body) is still there, and all that has happened is you have
moved a bit closer to normalcy.

 FFL is the place where prophets go to find out if they are fooling themselves.
Of course we have idiots here too. Wonder which one we are.

And, by the way, I have had and continue to have some very profound moments
when all my abstractions align -- with a wonderful congruence -- with my heart
and thought stream.  Moment by moment, if I wish to do so, I can suss out from
my flow of consciousness  perfect examples of the concepts I hold dear.
Doesn't make me correct, but I sure do have experiences.   I'll walk this back:
 everyone has great experiences -- even if they've never personally noted such.

Given the human karma of the ego daily dying-into-sleep, being reborn in
dreams, and then coming back to life in the morning, what isn't magical?  To
diss others for not describing it "well" or "logically" or "intuitively
acceptably,"  is at least juvenile and probably an act of aggression.....and
AGAINST THE GUIDELINES.

 You have to speak appropriately for your audience. If you are among scientists
(not TM movement scientists), or those familiar with real science, like Barry,
or me, you have to be much more precise and informed, or you will appear as a
crackpot. Also if you are having experiences that are opening you up, your mind
might be doing somersaults for a while as it tries to adjust to this, and
thinking might not clearly align with what you are going through, any
experience that transcends your current level of mind will not have thoughts
that correspond to it for a while. Eventually you will have an experience for
which no thought can correspond.

  • [FairfieldLife] Fancy... salyavin808
    • Re: [FairfieldLi... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfie... Duveyoung