This is interesting, because in arguing with authfriend, I would say something,
and she would interpret it differently than I meant, and she would say
something similar. I am not sure the misrepresentation is necessarily
deliberate, but think that sometimes, maybe frequently, the world views of each
prevent us from honing in on what the person is really thinking; we don't know
what they are thinking, but interpret what they say through our own filter. The
mismatch for me is greatest with authfriend. Some people deliberately seem to
skew the argument that way, but I am not convinced it is always deliberate. We
do not actually have more than one world view, and are probably not aware of
its extent. A combination of hard wiring, software, and some soft wiring. When
we encounter another world view, it seems strange and 'wrong', something askew
— but our own, it always seem 'right'.

 Funny you use the example of a physical fight.  What I think is the feeling
here, is that many of us come expecting a knife fight, only to find that others
have come loaded for bear.  In other words, you think you are engaging in
honest dialog, albeit with an edge, and then you find yourself being
misrepresented.  But here we come back do our original conundrum: Are we really
being misrepresented, or is just our ox being gored.

 Is it real, or is it Memorex.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: F... salyavin808
    • Re: [FairfieldLi... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfie... salyavin808