 But then maybe i'm incapable of being a fair judge, I come from a country with
a flag that has no negative historical connotations whatsoever.

 (-:

 Let's scapegoat the flag. Someone kills loads of people and likes the flag so
the flag has to go. I guess that makes a certain twisted sense. And I thought
the southerners had rehabilitated themselves by claiming slavery was going to
be abolished anyway? That's Hollywood for you.

 I hope I'm still allowed to enjoy the Dukes of Hazzard...

 South Carolina governor calls for removal of Confederate flag from statehouse
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston

 South Carolina governor calls for removal of Confederate...
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston
 Governor Nikki Haley makes abrupt about-face in wake of Charleston killings to
call for removal of flag that has flown on statehouse grounds for 50 years

 View on www.theguardian.com
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston
 Preview by Yahoo