 But then maybe i'm incapable of being a fair judge, I come from a country with
a flag that has no negative historical connotations whatsoever.

 (-:

 Is sal talking about the British flag? That is hilarious. Britain has been
responsible for more bloodshed, country takeovers and sublimation of indigenous
peoples than just about any other country on the planet. Maybe he was being
ironic, I certainly hope so.

 Let's scapegoat the flag. Someone kills loads of people and likes the flag so
the flag has to go. I guess that makes a certain twisted sense. And I thought
the southerners had rehabilitated themselves by claiming slavery was going to
be abolished anyway? That's Hollywood for you.

 I hope I'm still allowed to enjoy the Dukes of Hazzard...

 South Carolina governor calls for removal of Confederate flag from statehouse
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston

 South Carolina governor calls for removal of Confederate...
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston
 Governor Nikki Haley makes abrupt about-face in wake of Charleston killings to
call for removal of flag that has flown on statehouse grounds for 50 years

 View on www.theguardian.com
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston
 Preview by Yahoo