 Hey Edg,

 That was an interesting video.  How far can that machine go before recharging
it?  That looks better than the Sedgway machines I see here at the Golden Gate
Park in SF.

 150 lb rider, no wind, flat and smooth surface, savvy rider doing best
conservation tactics -- 30 miles distance.  But conditions vary this ideal down
to a practical 20+ miles running around the city with a lot of braking.  1000
watt, LiFePO4 chemistry, 20 amp/hr battery, recharges in 4 hours or less, 16
inch diameter motor (wheel plus tire,) does 20 Newtons torque, 731 rpms,
brushless DC, lots of stats on LCD, cruise control, programmable controller,
top speed in about 30 seconds -- about a normal rate for most cars off the line
in practical life -- keeps up with traffic on a 25 mph street.  That, plus a
lot more was put together from ten different vendors....retail parts off the
shelf plus four custom made parts plus labor cost me $3800.  Rider in the video
still charges that amount to build one.  But the shield is extra....$400.
$3200 for a version without the shield and without the rear 14 inch wheels and
drum brakes....12 inch wheels and disk brakes instead.

At these prices, there's lots of choices out there.  If this T30-14 machine was
made into a production line unit -- retail could easily be under $3,000 for a
much better performing and equipped unit.

Segways:  Lots of mechanical parts and top speed around 12 mph...with maybe an
off-road version that does 16 mph...for even more money.  25+ lbs heavier too.
http://www.amazon.com/Generic-i2-Personal-Transporter/dp/B0012Y5AVC
http://www.amazon.com/Generic-i2-Personal-Transporter/dp/B0012Y5AVC

 oh, okay, thanks for the Trikke update.

 Yes, here city cops don't really bother you for much of anything.

 get out to the county,  you're pulled over for no seat belt.

 I still do manual trikking, and manual Skkiing (Trikke with snow blades) and
then electrified.

When I come back from even a 20 minute electric ride -- I can be breathing hard
or hardly at all....my choice.  Usually I come home in a sweat.

Losing weight?  Not so much cuz anyone can "out-eat their fitness regime."  But
yeah, if you do lower calories and add trikking or whatever gets ya worked up,
then weight loss happens....but can shoot up a lot faster if discipline is even
slightly less then consistent.

Every Trikke has an appeal all its own.  All very unique, and yet all a Trikke.
 Spent ten minutes in the drive last night on the very first Trikke model, and
it was a gas.  Of course my newest Trikke is but one of only two in the world
-- custom -- goes 30+ mph.  Feels like being a rodeo champ to cruise the town.

The laws were written by the car and oil guys.  Even the slowest electrics out
there are illegal in Madison -- kiddy toys even....only on private property.
But there's tons of electrics out there and not being a bother or being
bothered by the police.  TV ads run like this:  "Electric bikes!  Try them out
on the city path next to our store."  That's ILLEGAL.  Four years these ad are
running.  See?

Morally, I'm okay with not complying, but I try not to rub the cops the wrong
way.  I have ridden up to many and not had a mention of my beast.  But on the
electrics, yet still, yeah, if a cop's there, I really carve it up with the
arms and legs to emphasize to everyone I'm on a fitness machine....like that.
Local guy here got into two accidents with cars....got ticketed etc....but NOT
for having a Trikke.  See?

Probably saved my life but not because it's an especially great fitness
machine, but because FOR ONCE I found an exercise that OWNED ME.  Thrills ten
years later going strong.

The machine seen below is mine...ridden by another trikker.

Upgraded T30 Field Trials Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5PAoDoC4o0

 Edg, question, as much to just have something to talk about as something I've
thought to ask you.

 I recall you saying many years ago, that the Trikke "saved your life", as it
helped you to lose weight, pursue a hobby etc.

 But, now that it seems as thought it's been electrified, with you riding all
around the city, (seemingly in violation of of city codes), does that not sort
of defeat the purpose of the benefits the Trikke was to provide?

 Now, I understand tinkering, and where that leads, (especially you), but
again, did we get away some, from the original purpose?

 Although I'm posting more, because the two trolls are gone, I gotta mention
that it seems almost everyone here is still dissin' on each other for various
infractions.  This includes my beloved sacred hero, Curtis....hee hee.....not
that he's wrong or illogical about Doug.

Geeze you guys.

Take a look at the power of dumping the trolls.  You HAVE TO ADMIT that FFL has
been refreshed with new vigor and dare I say "hope?"

Man-O-Man there's notions being flung around like spitballs now....much more
openness.  This is good even if the openness is on the part of
bad-guys-here-in-your-opinion.

Now, think of how much MORE we could get this kind of rebirth IF ALL OF US
REVENGE-WILL-BE-MINE FUCKS WOULD SHUT UP ABOUT THE PAST......even the recent
past.

I could for instance promise never to mention the trolls again.  See how simple
that was?

Your turn.  Make a promise.

Show some holy intent.  (Curtis: "holy" means "good intentions for everyone as
much as practical" or whatever)

And more, I'll ask ya to turn the other cheek to any new smacks on your
countenance....just to see....you know.....just to see....why?....because just
to see -- if all of us with our inner
trolls-not-entirely-unlike-in-kind-to-that-of-the-dearly-departed turned off
that dynamic -- maybe just maybe we could jack the fuckin' shit outta this
place with a neo-hippy, be-in, everyone gets to be crazy kinda party.

 Maybe.  Cuz two down might only be a start, ya know?

 I was thinking exactly the same thing. And earlier today I vowed to never
mention you-now-who's name again either here or on the Peak. And I'll try and
be nice to everyone else even if they're dissing me. Let's see what happens.
I'm in.