My sister still lives in the Bay Area and she was always stuck in traffic when
I talked to her on her mobile (cell phone) because she worked in the city. She
seems to have retired now, tired of the hassle of driving around. I have not
been back there for some time now. My car has over 200K miles on it now. The
official repair shop said the older models were lasting better than the newer
ones.

 I know what you mean.  You know the Bay Area and San Francisco is probably
getting as bad as New York to drive into.  And it is only about 35 miles away
from here.  Last time I did that was 3 years ago for a conference.

 My car is 17 years old but then it's a Subaru Forester and I've kept it up.
Funny thing, the dealer left a robocall the other day that I hadn't been in for
service since 2009.  Yup, I found a independent shop up the street that has a
Subaru mechanic and they've been keeping it up for me. And they cost less than
the dealer.  I don't need to do much driving since everything is just a few
miles away.  But I did have to replace a few things around 110,000 miles and
those will be good for another 100K.

 On 07/05/2015 08:27 AM, Xenophaneros Anartaxius anartaxius@...