I saw the offending post from Xeno before it was deleted, and I think Doug made
the right decision. The post was malicious. It used information that Xeno
supposedly had about Doug's private life in an attempt to embarrass him. That's
a straight red card, no doubt about it.

Unlike Turquoise B, however, Zeno was not a serial offender and did make some
thoughtful contributions here, some of them at great length. (I thought of him
as Zeno the Interminable.) Perhaps a limited ban might be appropriate, of say,
30 days?

I did not dislike MJ but his posts were clearly and consistently in breach of
the Yahoo! guidelines. I think that anyone who runs a Yahoo! group is entitled
to decide what is acceptable and what is not, based on those guidelines.

 Ouch!

 I read xeno's post this morning, but couldn't reply.  (of course it's all in
the yahoo/ffl/mailarchive), but I guess a line was crossed.

 Too bad, cuz I like xeno's brand of cynicism for the most part, and of course,
that dry, dry sense of humor.

 That will not easily be replaced, IMO.

 Dear Xenophaneros Anartaxius you are well aware of the yahoo-groups guidelines
of invading privacy or slurring people on yahoo-groups. Bye.