 Doug is right here, and I think calling this new group Free Speech is a
misnomer, as Doug implies. It's more a question of civility than free speech.

Me: I'll bet our idea of civility would be a pretty close match. But it is a
subjective evaluation. The question is who do you trust to make such a
judgement call for you? Buck? His view may match yours, it does not match mine.
Remember, he canned Barry for what was a personal opinion about Lynch. There
was nothing uncivil about it IMO. So freedom means not being subject to that
kind of judgement, especially without reasonable recourse to challenge. That is
movement freedom where you are free to do anything THEY want. And he didn't
save anyone from Xeno and Michael, he just used his power to kick them off
because he felt personally insulted.

Feste:
 IIf, say, you go to a party and spend your time there insulting and ridiculing
and misrepresenting others, you will likely be asked to leave.

Me: I think the analogy is off. It is more like the people you see at the
mailboxes in an apartment building. If someone acts like an ass you just avoid
them and don't engage with them. Some people here act as if they are forced to
read posts. I read very few posts here. What goes on in posts I don't read is
really none of my business unless I go out of my way to make it my business by
interacting.

Feste:
But would it be fair to call that a curtailment of your right to free speech? I
don't think so. It would just be an adverse commentary on your boorish social
behavior, which you would be well advised to amend.

Me: The social example is too intimate. It would be like being at a huge New
Year's eve party where you can strike up a conversation and if you sense
buttholeidtude, you just say, "excuse me but I have to go see a man about a
horse" and leave them standing their with their drink in their hand and their
mouth open. Now if the person tries to chase you down and MAKE you listen to
them, or if they follow you home, you might need the authorities to straighten
them out or get a restraining order.

If Buck had earned the groups trust by showing up as a reasonable person whose
values more people trusted he would not have gotten this push back. In order to
silence critics ,who he refers to as apostates using ominous old time religious
language to disparage, he will happily see FFL go under. My guess is that he
will get his wish. This place is doomed as an interesting place to have
discussions with him judging content.

Very few people have been trained in how to discuss ideas without making it
personal. You have seen it a million times here. Someone takes a shot at
Maharishi or his ideas and then someone goes after them personally. It has
happened to me more often than not. I accept that and only continue if the
person has something interesting to say to prolong the discussion so I get my
writing prompt. I am at peace with the idea that I will have to be insulted by
people who can't separate ideas from their identity or are just bitchy people
and interact that way. Some very bright people here are personally
argumentative and cantankerous. I will happily take the good with the bad to
have a conversation that interests me. I don't need anyone making that call for
me. Especially not someone who does not share my values of tolerating
eccentricity if the person is worth chatting with.

 As someone pointed out down at Paradiso Cafe in Fairfield, Iowa this morning
about the creation of FFL2 for the FFL-banished, these fox may not have fun for
long by themselves without also having hens to pick on. Making straw-men may
suffice for some while and keep them from tearing at each other for some time.
The Yahoo-groups guidelines eventually will find and rule them where ever they
may go as they meet up with kind people in civil society. A character of
violence in civil society often is that it is self-limiting in nature and the
asocial tend to isolate themselves. Thanks for better facilitating that, Alex.
-JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 On a whim, I made a FFL free speech zone. Use it. Don't use it. Doesn't matter
to me. Just letting you know it's there.

occurred while loading the content.