---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <geezerfreak@...> wrote :

 Here's a message that Field Marshal Doug/Buck deleted from FFL.

 Well, well. So this is how it ends. Far from FFL being a fairly moderated
forum basking in the freedom provided by the magnanimous wisdom of the
guidelines that was promised, we have another unreasonable and partisan abuse
of power used to silence reasonable criticism.

 Discovering the pre-moderation button must have been a delightful day for you
Buck, instead of having to come up with some sort of plausible reason for
banning people you disagreed with from the forum - not that you ever did - you
can now just prevent the few remaining denizens from even hearing what they
have to say!

 Power corrupts though and I notice from this post by our Curtis - who is never
even remotely uncivil or abusive - that it doesn't breach any of your precious
guidelines at all. That would be embarrassing if you ever had to justify its
deletion to us. Which you are going to have to by the way, or lose any last
remaining scrap of credibility that you may have had.

 So it looks like I was right and your power grab was made just so you could
have a partisan, intellectual control over the group rather than operate a free
forum. It was all about the "apostates" after all. Not that you'll get many
complaints from the few remaining members, you don't spend years in an
intellectually repressive cult without learning how not to have an opinion.
Whatever you say will be good enough for most. Not me though, as far as I'm
concerned you've been caught with your pants down. A re-posting of the
miserable guidelines and a bit of oblique waffle about civility isn't going to
cut the mustard here.

 I hope you've got the good grace to be embarrassed.