Well I suppose I should just let this all pass.  But since Tom made
some specific accusations I feel I should respond just to set the
record straight.

Professionally I am an adjunct faculty member teaching multi-media
and programming at a small college in Long Beach, CA.  I've been
here for 6 years now and for the past two terms received
the "Student's Choice Award" for best instructor.  I came here after
leaving a high paying corporate job after my boss left and his
replacement didn't care for me. I prefer teaching to corporate
management and am fine with the lower pay because this is a better
way to make a living.  Overall, I think I have a stable job history.

Yes, I'm divorced, just like over 50% of the US population.  I have
my kids every weekend and they are delightful, strong and healthy
children who love their Dad.  No problems there.

In addition to my 20 hours of college classes, I work on puja.net
roughly 30 hours a week.  I pay myself $1000 a month because if I
didn't there would be no puja.net and I figure I'm worth $9/hour.
The yagya program provides the funds to support 6 priests and their
family.  We pay them well and they live happily.  This is my
contribution towards the preservation of the vedic tradition.  I
created something where before there was nothing.

I'd love to do yagyas full time just like I loved the 5 years I
taught TM full time back in the 70's (in Chicago mostly).  I
probably could if I approached this as a business.  But that seems
to me to defeat the higher purpose.  Inevitably Puja.net has
business elements, but it has evolved into more than just yagyas;
there are audio and video programs, a podcast, the service we do in
the temples around Kanchipuram, the food and dhotis that we dontate
to the children in the pundit ashrams, etc.  Only the yagyas involve
money right now.  We are large enough and the participation levels
are high enough that we can offer 4 days of full scale yagyas for
$65.  That is, to me, an accomplishment and I tend to view puja.net
as a yagya co-op as much as anything.

I know I've made mistakes and I am sure there is still room for
improvement.  But ten years ago there was nothing like a yagya co-op
and I was figuring it out as I went along.  So mistakes and missteps
are inevitable.  And certainly when one puts oneself out there,
there are a few who will view it as a target opportunity.  It just
goes with the territory.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/JjtolB/TM