Re "Everything you know may just be part of a Matrix-style simulation":

 Yes - but how do those running the simulation (advanced humans, robots or
aliens) know that they are not themselves part of a higher-level simulation?
And as the argument would also apply to those other programmers, etc, etc, you
have an infinite regress. As that doesn't hold water we can discount the first
step.

 Some scientists claim this to be true. But IMO they may be correct for
entirely another reason.  Specifically, our lives don't continue forever, our
Sun will not shine forever, and the universe will someday disappear into
photons of light.  As such, is it possible for our consciousness or spirit to
find an eternal abode in paradise?

 Are Humans Really Part Of A Game For Robots? Scientists Claim The Universe
Could Be FAKE
http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-part-of-a-game-for-advanced-115946597.html

http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-part-of-a-game-for-advanced-115946597.html

 Are Humans Really Part Of A Game For Robots? Scientis...
http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-part-of-a-game-for-advanced-115946597.html
 Everything you know may just be part of a Matrix-style simulation, according
to physicists who claim that we could all be part of a giant GAME. A new theory
ha...

 View on news.yahoo.com
http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-part-of-a-game-for-advanced-115946597.html
 Preview by Yahoo