Re "The universe is digital and a simulation as designed by the Creator":

 I agree. That stops the regress and could well be the case.

 Of course if we are "simulated" we have no free will and so can't be held
accountable for our actions.

 I tend not to hold with these Matrix-type scenarios because one thing I know
for sure is that I'm conscious and I find it dubious that awareness is an
emergent phenomena due to complex info processing. If I'm wrong about this then
can I request my programmer (pretty please) to ensure I get a winning ticket in
next week's lottery.

 "I wanna be rich . . . "

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdsbQ3VxLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdsbQ3VxLA