--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>       TM is the brain-child of Gurudev Brahmananda Sarasvati.
>
>       But others methods I don't know.  I suppose a little bit of
Snake-oil is necessary to grease the wheels of a big movement.??

"A little bit of snake-oil" I can live with...we all can and did,
for many years.  But today the snake-oil is a MAJOR part of the TMO
and its marketing and that's too much for me.  Sorry.

Man revealed)

>   Forget being "positive"...what I couldn't stand was virtually
every brochure that came out of MIU had happy, smiling faces...very
Stepford Wives-ish.  I was at MIU at the time and --speaking for my
friends and I -- we stayed as far away as possible from the few on
campus that did actually smile that much (and that little
demographic had a disproportionately high number of mental
breakdowns).

> I honestly don't think that happens much these days in the TM
> Movement, Tantra.  Why?  Because the nuttiness that is coming down
> from Vlodrop-in-the-sky is occurring so often and is SO
undefendable
> that even the most hard-core True Believer is hapless in his
ability
> to defend it.
>
> From Kings weighed in gold to CIA comments to I-speak-only-to-
those-
> with-Vastu to Damn-democracy, a little negativity from the troops
is
> actually a welcome respite: at least some cynicism, skepticism and
> negativity from meditators is something in the realm of
rationality