MD,

 If these immigrants didn't come to the US, who will do the farm work in Texas,
California and other states in the country?  From what I've seen, they do many
of the labor intensive work here in SF.  Do homegrown Americans really want to
do these work anyway?  IMO, the US is still the land of opportunity for those
who are economically oppressed and deprived from other lands like Mexico and
Central America.  The immigrant condition is simply a question of supply and
demand for work and laborers.

 Would building an impregnable fence in the southern border be the economically
feasible solution?  Probably not,  It would create labor shortage and rise of
labor costs in areas mentioned above.

 Feste, yeah, I'll agree it's wild but unfortunately it's pretty darn true. But
consider this. Mexico's population used to be around 70 million. Current
figures estimate illegals at closer to 30 million.< Most, these days, are
coming from Central America. Entire generations are leaving Central America to
go to El Norte where there are relatives, jobs, social programs and schools for
their kids. They undercut our citizens for jobs, stagnating wages here and
keeping our citizens unemployed and on welfare programs.< Of course, when you
have a household with a million kids and an income of minimum wage or less,
you'll qualify for just about every social program on the books and nobody can
legally ask you of your immigration status. This strains the social system. It
will have to collapse sometime. All we need is another recession like the one
we had in 2007-2008.< Even SS, which we all pay into, all our lives, is feeling
the strain right now. <Nobody will stop this crap because the Chamber of
Commerce wants illegal employees, because they are cheap, keep'm under 30 hours
and you don't have to pay healthcare costs, etc and Republicans are all too
willing to support that and Democrats want another underclass to exploit for
their vote.< As for the middle east, even Chucky Schumar is backing out on
Obama's Iran *deal*. And if he is, it won't be long before the rest of Jews in
Congress do and I can't blame them.It doesn't prevent Iran from getting the
bomb. It just insures that they are left alone for the next decade or fifteen
years. At the end of the deal, they'll be a month or so from a brake- out to
having several bombs.Plus all sanctions are being lifted and they'll have
plenty of money to pay for their mischief.