I think that the Bible is nothing but a collection of morality tales spread by tradesmen down through time. I liked the Salon article about whether Jesus was real or not that was posted the other day. I've been tracking that for years.

On 08/13/2015 11:02 AM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
I don't know anything about Alex Jones. Hepa7 had posted the link to his show in which Johnathan Cahn was interviewed about the Shmita, which I had brought up in an earlier post.< Johnathan Cahn, Michael Brown and other Messianic Jews are explaining Christianity from a *fulfilled* Judaism point of view, where as, traditional Christianity has almost always been heavily influenced by Roman/ Babylonian Solar paganism and most of us never knew it or at least to the extent it is. My own intuition is telling me that this is the future of the church. Jews will be it's leaders and return it to the Messiah's original teaching. If He is returning for His bride, she must be ready. As it is now, the church is more like the whore of Babylon drunken with power and riding the Beast.
*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:13 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Sh'mita 2015!

I don't know about Jonathan Cahn but Alex Jones is quite entertaining. I can't stand to listen to FOX News any longer than few minutes and the same for right wing talk hosts like Limbaugh and Hannity. Jones is all over the map politically. He is the product of a liberal Austin family. Though he likes to cater to the Jesus freaks who buy a lot of survival products and shotgun supplements, he's even spouted some Maharishisms regarding consciousness making me think that his trendy parents back in the 1970s learned TM (or maybe even taught it) and little Alex got a walking mantra.

I certainly don't agree with Jone's views on Planned Parenthood and the latest rant of "baby parts." I'm all for choice in the matter. But Jones has a wide array of guests among them former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura who indicated he liked Bernie Sander's campaign. Or Mike Judge, the creator "Beavis and Butthead", the movie "Office Space" and the cult favorite "Idiocracy." Judge even made a promo for Infowars using his "Hank Hill" character's voice from his TV series "King of the Hing."

Bill Maher hates 9/11 Truthers but one of his favorite guests is liberal actor Richard Belzer ("Law and Order". And Belzer is also a frequent guest and fan of Alex Jones. In fact in a Skyped interview a couple years ago a visitor at Belzer's house popped into the camera to say hello, Christopher Walken.

Jones has also appeared in two Richard Linklater movies "Waking Life" and "A Scanner Darkly".

Infowars is basically what we used to call "investigative journalism", something long gone from mainstream media. Try to do that nowadays on mainstream media and you will get a meeting with the "powers at be" as Phil Donahue and Jesse Ventura learned. Greg Palast is a modern day investigative journalist and yes a frequent guest on Infowars. Remember when Jack Anderson used to stir up the powers at be?

Sadly we have a new crop of "liberals". They are "liberal" in name only. I used to like to read Raw Story but more and more it has been catering to these confused pseudo- liberals. I used to listen to Thom Hartmann, but after he moved from Portland, Oregon to Washington, DC he seemed to become more a mouthpiece for the DNC. I still read and comment occasionally on his message board.