--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Natan Ophir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I am looking for anyone interested in comparative studies of TM-
Sidhis
> with similar practical techniques in Judaism such as R. Yitzahk Sagi
> Nahor (R. Isaac the Blind, the 12th century father of Jewish
> Mysticism) on reaching the source of thought, the Admor of Piacezna's
> technique of quieting down the mind, Maimonides' Guide to the
> Perplexed 3,51 on Devekut Consciousness achieved through Meditative
> practice and many more...
>
> Rabbi Dr. Natan Ophir

The TM-Sidhis aren't for quieting down the mind. TM itself may have
that effect, but at least in a given practice period, that isn't
the "goal" of the practice.

If you wish to do a comparative study on TM vs some other form of
meditation, you should contact the MUM researchers for advice on how to
proceed. A good idea of what studies have already been done can be
found by checking with the National Institute of Health's "pubmed"
database of research articles and doing a keyword search
on "transcendental meditation." Likewise, you can do such searches for
research on any other form of meditation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?DB=pubmed

Another good source of information on research is the online book found
at:

http://www.noetic.org/research/medbiblio/

This summarizes the results of over 2500 studies on all forms of
meditation. Some studies date back more than 50 years.

Finally, there is a book that compares the religious and spiritual
traditions of samadhi and other spiritual terms, including those found
in Judaism, called: The Problem of Pure Consciousness, edited by Robert
C. Forman.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0195109767/qid=1133902062/sr=8-
1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-4847701-5062364?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

tinyurl.com doesn't seem to be working right now. Sorry for the long
url.