Did you fall asleep, s3raphita?

 I plead guilty! I  blanked that sentence out.

 If you read my post, you will see that I mention, in the very next sentence
after the one you quote. the example of Edward VIII. Did you fall asleep,
s3raphita?

 Re "But the queen will not "retire." Queen of England is not a position that
you can retire from. ":

 What about Edward VIII's abdication (1936) - after his involvement with that
woman Wallis Simpson?

 "Not a position that you can retire from" is what they said about popes, until
Benedict XVI threw in the towel.

 I think it's long been an open secret that Prince William rather than Prince
Charles will succeed to the throne. I don't think Charles wants to be king, and
it would be much more exciting for everyone involved to have a younger man.
Charles is already 67 or 68, I believe. But the queen will not "retire." Queen
of England is not a position that you can retire from. No one except Edward
VIII in 1936 has done it—and for an American divorcee, of all people!

 She looks fairly healthy for a woman in her 90s.  She could outlive Prince
Charles with her longevity and deny him the kingship.  And would Prince William
get the crown instead if she decides to retire?

http://news.yahoo.com/queen-elizabeth-ii-set-become-longest-reigning-uk-071442845.html

http://news.yahoo.com/queen-elizabeth-ii-set-become-longest-reigning-uk-071442845.html