 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 10:41 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] 1200

 So, we don't have enough of our own problems? Might as well bring in more?

 I guess this is where my lack of identification with any one country as well
as a complete failure at the ability to have a smidgeon of what others call
"patriotism" leaves me at a disadvantage here. I simply fail to consider any
country "my" country. I don't perceive the world as belonging to anyone except
every single man, woman and child equally. The US is only "your country"
because others before you sublimated another culture (Native Americans and
later the British and the French) in order to plant their flag and call it
their own. Now people get all uppity when others want to share their soil. This
amazes me, makes me feel abnormal in some way in my failure to be able to feel
Canada or the US is "mine" to the exclusion of others who might want or need to
come and live here with me. I'm an immigrant as well. I was born in the US and
have US citizenship but choose to immigrate to Canada where I now also hold
citizenship. I have failed to kill anyone yet or plant any bombs though.