 On 10/19/2015 07:23 PM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 FFL has always been split between the haves and have not "experienced."  The
"have nots" will decree that there is no such thing as enlightenment but how
would they know?  It's silly.  This leaves many "haves" scratching their heads
wondering what's up with the "have nots"?  After all it may have come easy for
the "haves."

 If you haven't visited the Grand Canyon you can only get an idea of it from
pictures and videos.  But to stand at it's edge will give you a true experience
of it's expanse and horror if you are prone to vertigo.

 Over the years I've heard many explanations as to why some folks even with TM
began experiencing enlightenment.  One is that they spent lifetimes as yogis in
India trying to achieve enlightenment so a little push put them over the edge.

 A point about enlightenment came in an unusual way from an article about the
controversial new movie about Steve Jobs.  His former girlfriend quoted Ram
Dass regarding Job's bizarre behavior:
 “When someone goes into a state of enlightenment but does it while still
attached to their ego, they call that the golden chain. And that’s what I feel
happened to Steve. He went into magnificence and enlightenment but he, he just
blew it.”
 http://www.wired.com/2015/10/steve-jobs-tech-god-complex/
http://www.wired.com/2015/10/steve-jobs-tech-god-complex/

 My tantra guru put it another way in that enlightenment does not get rid of
ALL your samskaras and what remains determines the personality of an
enlightened person.  Maharishi put it in terms of "remains of ignorance" that
exists in enlightenment.

 To judge people externally for enlightenment is therefore folly.  As is to
judge enlightenment even if you haven't had a little taste of it.  It's like
judging a movie without so much of even seeing the trailer.

 But, staying true to one's experience is valid. Maybe one can attach a title
to it, maybe one can't. Enlightenment or ignorance. Sometimes what looks like
judgement may simply be an opinion based on experience or lack thereof. No one
can fault a person for naming or knowing the world based on what one has seen,
known and understood - or not. Does an enlightened person know for sure someone
else is not? Do they know for sure that someone is? What is this recognition
based upon? If I were to agree with your last paragraph then it stands that I
can never know by looking at another's actions, words or deeds if they are
awakened or not. So where does this leave us?

 The important thing is to experience enlightenment yourself and not worry
about other people's state.  The roles of the guru is to get you to
enlightenment, not put on a show for you. Hey, I'm with you on this. I don't
even think about enlightenment let alone who might or might not be. As I said
some way, ahead of you on the evolutionary scale, I simply shake my head and
take a walk in my orchard. I feel the rain (yes Empty, I am an experience
whore) and take a large spoonful of Haagen Dazs ice cream slathered in
chocolate sauce and peanut butter. It all doesn't get much better than that. As
far as gurus go, I'll let others pay the big buck and provide the applause -
I'll be out diving in salty waves in some ocean or other.