--- TurquoiseB wrote:

>  I find the
> concept of women thinking of a man as a "good
> catch" because of his income more offensive than
> any of the racist epithets attributed here to Tom.

You're offended by women who think of finding a
good catch, or offended by the person who looks
upon women in such a light?

Regardless, it may be safe to say the TMO culture --
Maharishi's culture -- encouraged an old-fashioned
arrangement whereby the man worked and the woman
devoted herself to her family.

I recall a videotape about the role of devotion in
culturing god consciousness. MMY said that if both
husband and wife worked, each would be too spent
at day's end to devote themselves to the marriage.
One person would need to be fresh. I saw this on a
men-only course. I imagine the women -- or the
ladies, as one says in the TMO -- saw the same tape.

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/HcoraC/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM