Laura Ann Calvert
Graveside services for Laura Ann Calvert, 56, of Purcell were held
Dec. 6, 2005 at Washington Cemetery with the Rev. Doyle Sharp
officiating. Services were under the direction of Wilson-Little
Funeral Home in Purcell.
Ms. Calvert died Dec. 1, 2005 at Purcell Municipal Hospital.
She was born Aug. 24, 1949 in Purcell, the oldest of four children
of Thomas Steele Calvert and Laura June Thompson Calvert. She was
reared on a farm west of Purcell, near Woody Chapel. She attended
Washington schools until her sophomore year when she began attending
Purcell schools, graduating with honors in 1967.
Ms. Calvert began her college career at East Central University in
Ada. For two years she attended East Central and then transferred to
the University of Oklahoma. She graduated from OU in 1971 with a
degree in business education. Several years later she returned to OU
and earned a master's degree in journalism.
She worked as a legal secretary most of her life and lived in
several different states. Two years ago she moved back to the
Purcell-Lexington area to be close to her family. She was an
accomplished amateur photographer and freelance journalist.
Ms. Calvert had been a member of Trinity United Methodist Church in
Purcell since 1958.
She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Jeff and Laura
Calvert and Bob and Effie Thompson and one brother, William Jay
Calvert in 1969 at age 9-1/2.
Survivors include her parents, Tom and June Calvert of Purcell; two
brothers, Thomas A. Calvert and his wife, Rohna, and Bob Calvert and
his wife, Bobbie, all of Purcell and one aunt, Sue Staggs of Purcell.
Memorials may be made to The Susan G. Komen Foundation, Central
Oklahoma Affiliate, 1900 NW Expressway, Suite R325, Oklahoma City,
OK 73118 or to Trinity United Methodist Church.
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Pall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wrote down and then as demanded by her tore up and forgot Laura
> Calvert's DOB.  Hateful person you all know I am, I lied to AMEX
when
> Laura called me after the Washington DC course and told them Laura
was
> my daughter.  The AMEX agent could do the math but went along with
the
> ruse.  Laura called many times during the course but this time it
was
> because she was stranded in Maryland or Virginia as her car broke
down
> and she was in a jam.  She could carry no credit cards as she had
gone
> into significant debt to keep the Austin TM Center open and teach
many
> people for what they could afford.  She even taught the garbage
man
> who found her wallet in the trash despite her suspicions to me
that he
> had found it on the sidewalk and subsidized himself.  Of course
she
> wasn't raking in the dough available during the Merv Wave.
>
> I'd like to sponsor yagna with YBC for Laura to celebrate her
change
> of residence.  If forced to I'll find her family and bug them or
> remember what I forced myself to forget or see if her home town
paper
> published an obit. Receiving a private email from someone with
access
> to the records would be a lot easier.  I promise I'll tear it up
and
> forget it when I'm done with it.

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM