Actually, I am almost physically incapable of waiting in line (or queuing, as
you English say). It drives me insane. The problem at grocery stories is
usually coupons. I hate coupons and think they should be banned. You just never
know when some innocent-looking person ahead of you is going to pull out a
fistful of 'em when they get to the checkout.

It was this article in WashPo that set me off:
What really drives you crazy about waiting in line (it actually isn’t the wait
at all)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/27/what-you-hate-about-waiting-in-line-isnt-the-wait-at-all/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_wonkblog-line-1045am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/27/what-you-hate-about-waiting-in-line-isnt-the-wait-at-all/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_wonkblog-line-1045am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

 What really drives you crazy about waiting in line (it a...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/27/what-you-hate-about-waiting-in-line-isnt-the-wait-at-all/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_wonkblog-line-1045am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory
 The time that people spend waiting in line, and how they feel when they do so,
is a big deal for average people and the economy.

 View on www.washingtonpost...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/27/what-you-hate-about-waiting-in-line-isnt-the-wait-at-all/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_wonkblog-line-1045am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

 Preview by Yahoo

 Re queuing and counterintuitive thinking: did you intend the pun?

 Danish researchers have recently made a shocking suggestion - that queuing on
the basis of last-come-first-served may sometimes be more efficient.

 Under the first-come-first-served system airline passengers arrive early and
wait in line to get on to the plane because those who are first in line get the
seat they want.

 But the researchers experimented with different queuing systems, and when they
told volunteer queuers that people would be selected from the queue and served
at random, the average wait was reduced.

 The best system, however, turned out to be last-in-first-out - or to put it
another way, last-come-first-served - with the person who arrives last getting
served first.
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34153628
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34153628

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <upfronter@...> wrote :

 Ah yes, while the meditation brings inner rewards beyond description, I find
that the material world hardly ever gives me the 200% ideal, perhaps my inner
being and my physical mind have very different ideas of what's good for me...

 I even join the longer checkout queue sometimes as it seems to reduce quicker
when I'm in the shorter queue!

Counterintuitive thinking is definitely the sign of a superior being.