Meditators, they may, send energy to the light bodies of people where ever
they may be.   Though it’s an amazing grace to live the Transcendent in life
here awakening to itself.  In Nature evidently the after life will take care of
itself and we older style non-ideologic Quakers don’t spend much time worrying
over conceptions. Conceptions become a sophists game.  By experience though we
become more interested while here on earth in the incarnational implication in
a light body while you have it, the chance of experiencing ‘heaven on earth’
while on earth.  The afterlife is what it is.  No sense wallowing in fearing
over what comes. Seize the Day! From that standpoint Maharishi Mahesh Yogi with
the Transcendental Meditation movement came through the world a lot like George
Fox did in the satsanga of the Quaker Movement propelled by the same experience
of cultivated mysticism. ,, and incidentally the great value in cultivating
spiritual experience of coming to meditating in groups.

I take note that meditators seem to hold a range of feeling about afterlife a
lot like Quakers may.

 In looking, there is a blog that is a nice overview summation that is a good
comparative.  Take a look at this

 This Life or the Afterlife http://goo.gl/Q9rryY

 This Life or the Afterlife http://goo.gl/Q9rryY A good friend of mine posted a
blog a couple of days ago in which he floated the idea that to achieve an
afterlife you have to nurture and exercise your poten…

 View on goo.gl http://goo.gl/Q9rryY
 Preview by Yahoo

-JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifux...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Thanks, do Quakers pray for the dead?
  Generally, Evangelical's don't since their Bible-based belief is that people
are judged immediately after physical death and go either to Heaven or Hell.
Catholics OTOH, allow and encourage (especially when paying for Masses)
prayers for the dead since according to Tradition, Souls may also ascend to
Purgatory and they may be stuck there indefinitely (until their span of
suffering expires and/or they are assisted by the prayers of the living to gain
entrance into Heaven).
 . St. Teresa of Avila claimed to bear witness to where Souls went after death,
and proclaimed that few such Souls gain immediate entrance into Heaven.  St.
Padre Pio also made the same statement.
 So, when you hear about somebody dying, take note of what people are saying
about the afterlife. Example: Evangelicals will say something like "our prayers
are with the family of the deceased".  While Catholics like the Pope will say
"our prayers are for the deceased and his/her family".  According to
Evangelical beliefs, prayers for the dead are pointless since they're already
judged and sent to Heaven or Hell.