What do you guys think is the connection between
the individual and collective consciousness? I've
often felt that my individual evolution is in thrall
to the collective, just as my income usually depends
on the larger economy.

Your remarks below consider only individual power,
independent of collective consciousness.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > I noticed that, too.  Nor, IMO, can you outsource
> > > them to a guru or a spiritual tradition to do
> > > "for you."  We got ourselves into this karmic
> > > mess ( or illusion of a mess, if you prefer ), and
> > > we have to get ourselves out ( or realize that there
> > > was never anything to get out of, again if you
> > > prefer :-).
> >
> > The Shiva Sutras have a sloka(?) that specifically
> > states that you become realized only through your own
> > effort, nothing else.
> >

> Another one o' them pair-of-oxes:
>
> Before liberation or the full sunshine of the Self in Unity, or pick
> your own description, we pray and exhort Gods, Godesses, and the
> saints and Masters to deliver us from our suffering. Afterwards, we
> are delighted we did it all by our Selves!
>
> Again, looking back it seems absurd that such a duality of
> deliverance from our ignorance by someone or someGod else would be
> preferred. After all, if we don't do it by ourselves, we can't
> really know exactly what we have done, and by extension would
> hypothetically remain in ignorance...

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM