 This kind of crap is incredibly embarrassing. Pretty much why you'll never see
me near a TM center. If you can't convince someone with logic,  then baffle
them with bullshit.

 TM is 30 years ago for me. Seeing this kind of thing is amusing but nothing
more than that. Even when I was at MIU and doing all the stuff with the most
serious one pointedness I could muster, I still refused to do, for example, the
meditation break for 10 minutes that was required in the middle of class. I
remember telling Michael Caine that I wanted to continue to work and that
stopping everything to close my eyes for 10 minutes was unnecessary and I
wouldn't participate. What a little shit I was. Michael was such a nice guy he
let me do what I wanted but I was a failure at following rules. I recall going
to Torino's Pizza on the square and having a few beers (horrors) with some
fellow students who didn't imbibe. I probably only did this as an attempt at
some half-ass rebellious act since I don't even like beer. I just wasn't cut
out to be an initiator, governor or participant in (you've got to be kidding)
Mother Divine. Although I find saris are gorgeous to look at and the silk is
scrumptious, seeing a Western woman wearing one seems totally ridiculous -
especially within the context of somehow adopting this Eastern mystical ersatz
dress-up game in an attempt to appear spiritual.

 However, I do kind of empathize with those who remain as the fossilized
remnants of the old guard in their attempts to convince us with their sugary
language that all is well and good in the land of natural law and the Veda as
it thrives in Iowa. I mean, it's kind of pathetic but I respect their desire to
make the world a better place and I believe their optimism to be rather quaint
in a world where all hell is breaking loose. Still, their is goodness, beauty
and mystery that surrounds us - I just don't think it is contained in the
things TM is so fond of promoting.