And more insightful commentary from FFL's poised and polite political pundits.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 She does come across as experienced, articulate, and capable. But, does she
represent any real change? I thought Sanders' comments about Kissinger, for
example, were spot on. At least here is a candidate who is not trying to play
both sides. He is making his position crystal clear. In contrast, I cannot
discount the millions the financial sector has poured into Clinton's campaign.
I agree with your point, to paraphrase, that no one can accept 10, 20 or 100
million, without feeling karmically *locked in* with the contributor.

 I think one of the advantages of being 74 years old is that at that point in
your life you aren't afraid to say what you really, truly, feel. My impression,
when I listen to Bernie (and I love the guy, on lots of levels), is that he is
closer to the end than to the beginning of his life and that, at this point,
his overriding feeling is that there is merit and value in being truthful. I
don't see him nearly as political as any of the other candidates insofar as he
is finding the process here more important than the outcome - for him
personally. For me, the man has integrity, he has passion, he is really, really
smart and he can't believe he has gotten as far as he has toward taking on the
role of the President of the US. I'm pretty sure the powers that be won't let
it happen just as I am sure Trump won't make it either but watching the process
is fascinating.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 Well, taken at face value, the implication is, "I am not influenced by big
money pouring into my campaign, but the same can't be said for my opponents"

 In other words, a rather elitist proclamation.

 Actually, I think everyone, (speaking of commentators, and those watching
them) had a grand time discussing the debate points and replaying the comments
of those two old timers slugging it out, making references to people and events
50, 60 years ago!

 I believe the consensus was, that Hillary carried the day.

 I imagine she'd expect you to answer that for yourself (if you even really
needed to ask the question): She's not the only one receiving big money.

 Hillary says we've got to get the big money out of politics.

 But then says, the big money that contributes to her political campaign have
no influence.

 So, why go after the big money in politics?

 Hillary?