On 02/13/2016 07:33 AM, olliesed...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I don't understand why everyone is so confounded by Trump. I sat in a lot of corporate meetings and men (and women) like him are everywhere.

We called them "frat rats" back in the day. They're are the pedigreed who have the connections and are groomed to run companies. They have the mindset of a salesman. I had a CEO once ask me before a company meeting "is Compuserve the Internet"? Mind you this was the mid 1990s and he had been in software for almost 10 years and didn't know the difference.

What I observed is how "brute force" these people operate and forge ahead blindly. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Many bought into the business school rage of "acquisitions" which cost many people their jobs because when you acquire a company you lay off divisions that duplicate what you already have.

Good example of blindly forging ahead and blundering would be telecom execs like Randall Stephenson probably talking up the profits that ATT would make off their IPTV when trends changed and people started cable cutting. First reaction was to punish cutters by throttling them which is technically illegal because you've paid for a service that is supposed to provide you with a certain bitrate. So then ATT buys DirecTV and is try to wean IPTV customers off so they can use those IPTV pipes for cord cutters. :-D

I guess it is surprising to a lot of people how ugly corporate business has become, with a winner take all/loser gets nothing attitude, and a flood of overly macho, war and sports oriented rhetoric. Guys like Trump are a dime a dozen. People make him out to be some sort of anomaly, perhaps not wanting to believe the country is full of such individuals. Ooops.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

Yep, this nails it pretty well. He's in it for the *win* and increasingly seems to believe his own narrative. He's completely insane.

Yes he is and those who find him to be their 'answer' are blind and committed to repeating history within 70 years of WWII with all its atrocities and brutalities brought on by Hitler and his henchmen. I don't get it, not at all. What a stink, what hate lies within the crevices of American society and Trump is someone so full of the same that he has appealed to those who want an excuse to let all of this pus, this rottenness come to the surface. But, this is no purification process, this is becoming a mob scene where the worst of what makes up human's baser characteristics is taking over. I am becoming more horrified by the day.

---In FairfieldLi! f...@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote :

http://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trump-the-most-dangerous-face-in-the-republican-crowd/