On 03/30/2016 06:17 AM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I don't think so but nutritional "experts" still don't get it. You have
to eat what's right for your body type, something that is endemic in
Ayurveda and Chinese medicine and even macrobiotics as taught by Japanese.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/high-life-expectancy-in-japan-partly-down-to-diet-carbohydrates-vegetables-fruit-fish-meat-a6956011.html

So why are western researchers so silly? Pass the sushi, please.

Do you think people's bodies are smart enough to "tell" them what foods to gravitate to? In other words, do we tend towards those things/want to eat what the body needs without even being aware of it? I find that I don't like "nightshades", things like green peppers and eggplant. I had a naturopath tell me one time, that based on various food sensitivities etc and my body type, that I shouldn't eat them anyway. It was an interesting confirmation of why I didn't like them long before someone told me I shouldn't eat them, for my personal metabolism etc. On the other hand, based on my predisposition for loving dark chocolate and maple syrup it could all be just based on baseless sugar and carb cravings!

Those cravings aren't baseless. You're pitta so sweet things are trying to cool you down. Or in Chinese/Japanese nomenclature you're too yang and need more yin. The body does tell you what it needs but we often ignore it and go with what the "experts" tell us we "should" be eating and that "expert" advice might make us sick or fat if it is wrong for you.