The problem isn't wages, it's the perverted economy which favors the rich. A better solution is a guaranteed annual income like some other countries are doing.

This all got started when your dentist decided that he wanted one of those "monster homes" and eyes got larger than his income. So he boosted his fees to cover the fancy big house, which by the way he didn't take into account the energy bill for it. When he boosted his fees then some of his patients boosted their fees so they could still afford to see him. And some had to stop getting regular dental or find a cheaper dentist.

Round and round we go. Lucy who was a patient needed to raise prices at her bakery so she could afford the dentist as well as the doctor visits, etc, etc, etc. Then Ann who was buying cakes at Lucy's bakery had to raise her prices to cover the dental and Lucy's new prices. Don the carpenter had to raise his prices too.

That is an example. As for the higher minimum wages they are in effect around here in some cities. People arguing for it said the restaurants and fast food places would only need to raise their prices a little. Business dorks don't do that. They raised them a dollar. I now live in the land of $10 sandwiches which were only $5 a few short years ago.

And the gov'mnt declares there is no inflation.