Re "Thanks for  the excellent quote by Alexander Parker":

 Yes, thanks for those limpid sentences. Can't imagine The Pope or Archbishop
of Canterbury ever coming up with words like that.

 Jesus said: "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am
I in the midst of them." The problems begin when a crowd gathers! Then the
worship sinks to the level of the lowest common denominator.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote :

 Thanks for  the excellent quote by Alexander Parker.  Unfortunately, the
middle of the 19th century witnessed a decline in the liberal theology of
George Fox; as the Fundamentalist perspective gained ascendance in the UK and
the U.S. - for example with John Nelson Darby (1800 - 1882) coming to the U.S.
and spreading the "Rapture" idea.  This brand of Christianity represented a
retreat into dogma and strict Biblical interpretation with no latitude
whatsoever for interior Gnosis.
 Let's see what CT (Christianity Today) has to say about George Fox.  Offhand,
I'd say that they merely tolerate him with great reluctance.  The notion of
interior "light" or Gnosis is anathema even in the liberal branches of
Christianity represented by that Magazine.

 George Fox
http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/people/denominationalfounders/george-fox.html

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/people/denominationalfounders/george-fox.html

 George Fox