On Dec 14, 2005, at 1:01 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

And yet I suspect you'd have to admit that this

is a subjective feeling. I spent a lot of time

around Maharishi as well, and never felt anything

from him that I would attribute to enlightenment,

whereas I have with other people. Go figure.

I think the bottom line may be that if we could

react to everyone we meet (including ourselves) by

cutting them the same slack we give to those we

consider enlightened, the world might be a better

place.  :-)

In the tradition I practice in, it is considered one of the aspects of the manifestations of staying in the state of unity to be able to see others in their enlightened forms.