My wife, my mother, and I did our 23andme tests several years ago.  It was
interesting that I am pretty much 99% English / Irish Northern European mixture
(plain Vanilla).  However, I did have .1% sub Saharan African, which is
interesting and very cool.  My mother tested same as I except her percentage of
sub Saharan African was .2%.  This cracked me up since I would have sworn it
would have come from my father's side of family.  He was from the south and my
mom's side is out of Minnesota.  However, with percentages so tiny, these
ancestors were probably from the time of Revolutionary America.

Mike, congrats on your distinguished and famous ancestry.  I still remember
watching the original Roots in first run and how the world came to a stand
still to watch it that week.  Good times, then.  Today, the reboot sort of gets
lost in the 500 channels of overwhelming content, not the 4 networks I grew up
with.