> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Judy,
> > Just a few off the cuff comments to your thoughtful reply.
> >
> > Regardless of your (our) judgement of Maharishi's state of
> > consciousness, how the teaching is manifested still has to be
> > evaluated critically. Does it acomplish it's purpose? This is part
> > process of life.
>
> I'm not sure we can say what its purpose is in a way
> that would enable us to do a critical evaluation.
>
> How would you define it?
>
> > You'll find the same internal consistency in many of the more
> > proment Adviatic, Dzochen, Course in Miracles, etc. teachers. And
> > many have the same type of character flaws we talk about here.
>
> Sure.  But internal consistency is just one of the
> criteria I was using.
>
> > Most of us agree that TM has inspired benificial unfoldment of
> > consciousness.  When we see or come into contact with Maharishi we
> > get a clearer reflection/experience of OUR own Self (Blazing
> > Brahman is non-dual, afterall)
> >
> > We (both us and Maharishi) still have to work it out in the
> > relative, no matter what the perspective on where or who or from
> > what state of consciousness the  teaching comes from.
>
> Yes, well said.
>

> > Without meditators there is no movement, no TMO.
> >
> > JohnY

Sure, the purpose of the teaching is to unfold enlightenment for the
individual. Simple, if there is no or limited access to the teaching
how can that happen. Maharishi has planted that seed very widely. Why
should it stop now? Is the TMO fulfilling it's purpose now? Very
difficult to say. Will it do so in the future? There certainly isn't
any clear indication of that. The TMO is and has been violently
contracting on itself. Burning many carefully build bridges along the
way. Slowly and simply teaching all these years would have worked
better, in my opinion, with much less bullshit.

JohnY

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/HcoraC/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM