FFL seemed to be created by Rick to fill the void of what was missing with other TM discussion groups who were solely focused on TM itself. It was a place to discuss what was going on with folks who were involved in TM or once were. That involves whatever opinions they have of the present day even if it involves heated political discussions.

As I've pointed out over the years BBS boards and forums often would offer up a "General" or "Off Topic" section for discussion. This was to serve a similar person since the forums would often serve as a gathering point for a group of people with a specific interest. Back in the early days when I was a computer club president we ran a club BBS for such discussion. On a more national and global level there was CompuServe, GEnie and for the geeks BIX (Byte magazine's BBS).

The reason I invited Mike over to FFL2 was the folks he has been arguing with are now there carrying on political arguing. There is no worry about ruffling the feathers of the moderator. Alex is pretty liberal about things. And it is quite a rumble. ;-)

On 07/07/2016 09:00 PM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
ROFL. Douglas... I was tying it all together. I could have said Judy was Abbott's Costello, Laurel's Hardy, Tom's Dick Smothers etc etc.
Maharishi's Bevan *seemed* to fit the FairfieldLife meme better.
 There really must be some hard feelings about Bevan LOL.
 Calling someone a *Bevan*, an insult worthy of discipline? ROFLMAO!
Poor Bevan.

*From:* "dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:46 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Morning Joe

FFL’s version of Godwin’s Law, corollary:
..as FFL discussions grow longer the probability of someone’s comparison to fanatical TMerTB’ers increases.

Judy could be Hillary's *Bevan Morris*.
BTW, that's not meant to be *mean spirited*. In fact, a compliment.

But, the ad hominem is done..

FFL hijacked, again? What did Fairfield, TM or anything spiritual have to do with the preceding arguing of politics anyway?

I was appreciating how careful the protagonists here were being to avoid personalized incivility in their writing even though the subject thread had nothing to do with spirituality. And then, this comparison of character playing to the house. In hockey you'd get a penalty timeout for fighting with a cheap shot like this. In soccer, maybe a yellow card warning. This gets a FFL yellow card at the least. Go to your corners. Anymore harassment of each other or of the referee by anyone gets a red card. Be kind and go forth as per the Yahoo-groups guidelines. -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfri...@yahoo.com> wrote :

This (from both of you) is as absurd as Barry claiming I'm a "cult apologist" for TM. I don't proselytize for Hillary or for TM. All I've been doing is addressing unfair and/or inaccurate accusations and characterizations. I'm hardly a True Believer in TM or a fanatical supporter of Hillary, and you both know it.

You just can't abide it when what you say about Hillary is refuted, so you have to "shoot the messenger."

Most dedicated of True Believers. Judy could be Hillary's *Bevan Morris*.
Hillary's *skin boy*. LOL
 BTW, that's not meant to be *mean spirited*. In fact, a compliment.