> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Everyone will interpret the same experience of enlightenment
> > > differently. Of course. But enlightenment itself remains the
same
> > > experience as it has for eternity.
> >
> > And you're completely convinced of that?  I'm not.
> > I have no problem with it being different for
> > everyone who experiences it.
> >
> > > I think the confusion may occur when people speak about
Oneness
> or
> > > Unity, and to the unenlightened, this sounds like once we are
> > > enlightened, we all become the same, express ourselves the
same,
> > > act the same, etc.
> >
> > I think the problem is far more fundamental than
> > that.  *Anything* you try to say about enlighten-
> > ment is wrong.
> >
> > > Nothing could be further from the truth. This is just the
attempt
> > of
> > > the ignorant mind to make sense of enlightenment. After
> > > enlightenment, individual expression remains consistent,
because
> > > each person's physiology remains different. Even more
individual.
> > > But the experience of enlightenment remains the same for us
all.

> > I might say that enlightenment itself (as opposed
> > to the individual minds that experience it) may
> > remain the same, but that the *experience* of that
> > eternal, non-localized state may be (and possibly is)
> > completely different for every localized being who
> > ever experiences it.
> >

> Since TC isnt' an experience in the usual sense of the word, it
seems
> plausible that any further state based on TC wouldn't be
experiential
> in the way that other things we might talk about are.
>
> therefore, trying to talk about similarities and differences makes
no
> sense -- or at least, may not be appropriate.

It is like that phrase in the Gita speaking about the Absolute,
about how you can't burn it, or quench it or really do anything to
it at all. And so, yes, it is experienced, but as non-changing, not
relative. How we *express* ourselves about it, or explain it, is
always going to be different, because the senses, like sound,
necessarily operate in the relative area of life.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM